One way to garnish alcohol-free drinks for an extra nice touch is using fruits. The usual way is using fresh fruits, but if you are looking for ways to elevate your alcohol-free drinks, you can also use dehydrated fruits.
It sounds complicated and super fancy, but it's actually surprisingly simple to prepare and it really makes the drinks look more put together! Plus, it's a good excuse to not waste your leftover fruits in the fridge before throwing them away...
Take note of these steps:
1) Slice the fruits of your choice thinly. We recommend lime for the Rum
, grapefruit for the Gin
and orange for the Aperitif
, but that's completely up to you: be creative and have fun with it!
2) Place your sliced fruits onto a baking parchment and put it in the oven at a low setting.
3) Check on the fruits every 30 minutes or so for at least a few hours to make sure they don't get burnt.
4) Before using the fruits, let them cool!
5) Once the fruits are cool, you can put them on your drinks or store them for your future alcohol-free cocktails. And... Done!
Surprise your guests on your next aperitivo with this little trick: get your fruits of choice and start garnishing!